Zitieren als:Gedankensplitter http://peter.baumgartner.name
Abonnieren per RSS Feed
- GFD-Fachtagung "Fachdidaktische Forschung zur Lehrerbildung": 27.09.17- 29.09.17, ganztägig: Freiburg, Deutschland.
- E-Learning Fachgespräch: 04.10.17, ganztägig: Stuttgart, Deutschland.
Meine letzten Tweets
- Planning my website relaunch, I came across @cloudinary, an image service to reduce loading time - has a free plan! https://t.co/lpIF47LCNt5 days ago
- Trump justifies excesses of the radical right wing in discussion (monologue) with journalists https://t.co/y89fIo3I1s39 days ago
- From R to WordPress: Experiments with R & RWordPress (3 articles) https://t.co/w5wkrCeqmQ #rstats, #DataScience Also https://t.co/VbPobYqVI739 days ago
Schlagwort-Archive: learning journey
With December last year, I started to learn data science using R. As a self-determined learner, I had not only to find resources, that are adequate to my learning goals and status of competencies but also to plan and organize my spare time for my self-organized continuing education.This article reports about my strange learning behavior and closes with 3 tips on R learning resources for the beginner, suggesting the most minimal learning set for the prospective data scientist. Weiterlesen
In the first episode about my personal learning experiences, I criticized that rigid curricula are not adequate to support experienced learner. This second episode is a follow up of this thought. I discuss the subject in more detail and in a more general way addressing not only R programming and data science but generally all adult learners who have work experiences and want to improve their knowledge and skills in their respective field of expertise. I will also present a model how self-determined learners could better be supported. Weiterlesen
This is the first report of a series of personal experiences in learning the statistical programming language R to acquire competencies of a data scientist. In this kick-off article, I will present an example, why cohort learning in the age of individualisation is not appropriate anymore. I will suggest an alternative, present my earned certificates and explain why I interrupted (or aborted?) a nine-course introduction to data science taught by professors of John Hopkins University and offered via the MOOC-platform Coursera. Weiterlesen